Thursday, March 3, 2011

Dreamy Thursday : Mori Girls


Happy Dreamy Thursday and Happy March.
I can feel that Spring energy starting up.
So looking forward to Spring.

This Dreamy Thursday is on Mori Girls style.
The Mori Girl Style comes from Japan. If you
look at the clothes, for me they harken back
to fairy tales, victorian era and vintage
romantic style. Mori comes from the Japanese word "Forest".
Literally it means Girl from The Forest.

It's all about layering clothes with soft
and earthy colors including colors of whites, greens
browns and blues. Using aprons, ribbons, flowers, shawls,
hats, scarves,lace, granny boots and slippers. Your
makeup natural and easy.

What caught my eye when I first saw it, it
reminded me of my love of long flowing skirts
and romantic looking fashion. When I look
at Mori Girl style I think of the lovely
clothes from Magnolia Pearl and of Tasha Tudor.

Mori Girls is a life choice for some. With technology
speeding along, sometimes you want to get
back to simpler things. Where you create with
your hands, read from an actual book and
spend time out in nature. For more inspiration,
check out morigirl.blogspot.com

If you want to adapt a Mori Girl look
for yourself. Remember layers, skirts and
anything that makes you feel romantic.
I'm sure there is a bit of a Mori Girl in
everywoman. BTW, all these lovely pictures
I found online.

If you like to write a guest post here at Swan of Dreamers
on what makes you feel Dreamy.Please e-mail me at
Jettswan@gmail.com for all the details.
It can be on any topic. I love to have you here.
Wishing you a Mori Girl Dreamy Thursday.
Shellsigna

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shell,
Oh, I love this post. I never heard the term Mori Girl ~ but I love it! I'm going to check out the link and see what else I can find. I adore the whole fairy tale, vintage romantic style thing going on...
Hugs))
Happy Dreamy Thursday to you too!

Kalei's Best Friend said...

Well, Shell, u taught me something.. I too, haven't heard of Mori girls.. I do love that green shawl!. Kinda has that bohemian look which I love.

koralee said...

I so love their style...so so pretty...I adore ruffled layers...I just need some more adorable skirts in my closet. Hugs for a great weekend. xoxoxxo

Lin from A {tiny} Cottage In The Woods said...

I love this style! I'm off to visit the site you shared.
Wishing you a beauty-filled day, Shell!
~ Lin

Happy Birthday David

  "Having all that - the fame and adulation and the women and all that stuff they talk about - doesn't make you happy. You have to ...